At Frannkly, your privacy is a top priority. We design our products, keeping in mind your privacy needs so that you can fully trust them and focus on building your connections.
- We do not compromise on your privacy. Your privacy is our utmost priority. We have experts from various fields e.g. legal, engineering and so on, to make sure that there is no compromise on your privacy.
- We work hard to keep your information secure. We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly strive to update our security practices and enhance the safety of your information.
We appreciate that you trust us with your information and we intend to maintain that trust. This starts with making sure you understand the information we collect, why we collect it, how it is used and your choices regarding your information. This Policy describes our privacy practices in plain language, keeping technicalities to a minimum.
EFFECTIVE DATE: March 25, 2020
- ABOUT FRANNKLY
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
- CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
- YOUR RIGHTS
- RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- HOW TO CONTACT US
1. ABOUT FRANNKLY:
10845 Standing Stone Dr, Wimauma ,
However, you will be notified if there are services where the policy isn’t applicable.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We can’t help you develop meaningful connections without some basic information about you, such as your profile and your interests. We also collect information generated as you use our services, for example access logs, as well as information from third parties, like when you access our services through a social media account. I
Information that you provide
You choose to give us certain information when using our services. This includes:
- When you create an account, you provide us with your login credentials, as well as some basic details like your gender and date of birth.
- You can also share additional information, such as your personality, lifestyle, interests etc. as well as content such as photos and videos. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to us processing it.
- When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us (rather than through a platform such as iOS or Android), you provide us or the payment service with your financial information.
- When you participate in surveys, you provide us with your ideas or questions regarding our products and services
- When you choose to participate in our promotions, events or contests, we collect the information that you use signup
- If you contact our customer care team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
- If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people, for example, sending an email to your friends on your behalf, we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
- We process your chats with other users and the content that you share.
Information we receive from others
In addition to the information you provide us directly, we receive information about you from others, including:
- Other Users
Other users may provide information about you as they use our services. For instance, we may collect information about you from other users if they contact us about you.
- Social Media
You may be able to use your social media login (such as Facebook Login) to create and log into your Frannkly account. This will make the process easier for you.
- Other Partners
We may receive information about you from our partners, for instance where Frannkly ads are published on a partner’s websites and platforms
Information collected when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which features you’ve used, how you’ve used them and the devices you use to access our services. See below for more details:
- Usage Information
We collect information about your activity on our services, for instance how you use them (e.g., date and time you logged in, features you’ve been using, searches, clicks and pages which have been shown to you, referring webpage address, advertising that you click on) and how you interact with other users (e.g., users you connect and interact with, time and date of your exchanges, number of messages you send and receive).
- Device information
We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access our services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, advertising IDs (such as Google’s AAID and Apple's IDFA, both of which are randomly generated numbers that you can reset by going into your device’ settings), browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
- Other information with your consent
If you give us permission, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you’re using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you aren’t using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you don’t consent to it, we won’t collect your geolocation.
Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo, video or streaming on the services).
4. COOKIES AND OTHER SIMILAR DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) have a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) feature that tells a website that a user does not want to have his or her online activity tracked. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and DNT signals are not yet uniform. For this reason, many businesses, including Frannkly, do not currently respond to DNT signals.
5. HOW WE USE INFORMATION
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our services. Additionally, we use your information to help keep you safe and to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you. Read on for a more detailed explanation of the reasons we use your information.
To administer your account and provide our services to you
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our services, including order management and billing
To help you connect with other users
- Analyze your profile, activity on the service, and preferences to recommend meaningful connections to you and recommend you to others; For more information please visit our FAQ section
- Show users’ profiles to one another
To ensure a consistent experience across your devices
- Link the various devices you use so that you can enjoy a consistent experience of our services on all of them. We do this by linking devices and browser data, such as when you log into your account on different devices or by using partial or full IP address, browser version and similar data about your devices to help identify and link them.
To provide new Frannkly services to you
- Register you and display your profile on new Frannkly features and apps
- Administer your account on these new features and apps
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Administer sweepstakes, contests, discounts or other offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our services and other sites
- Communicate with you by email, phone, social media or mobile device about products or services that we think may interest you
To improve our services and develop new ones
- Administer focus groups and surveys
- Conduct research and analysis of users’ behavior to improve our services and content (for instance, we may decide to change the look and feel or even substantially modify a given feature based on users’ behavior)
- Develop new features and services (for example, we may decide to build a new interests-based feature further to requests received from users).
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on and off-platform
- Perform data analysis to better understand and design countermeasures against these activities
- Retain data related to fraudulent activities to prevent against recurrences
To ensure legal compliance
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist in law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example our Terms
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our service to build meaningful connections, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile, to make it viewable to other users and recommend other users to you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we analyze users’ behavior to improve our products, suggest offers that interest you and processing information for legal and fraud detection purposes.
- Consent: From time to time, we may ask for your consent to use your information for certain specific reasons. You can withdraw your consent any time you wish, by contacting us.
6. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
The main sharing of information is with other users. However, we also share some users’ information with service providers and partners assisting us in operating the services, with other Match Group companies and, in some cases, legal authorities. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others.
- With other users:
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service (including your public profile). Please be careful when sharing your information with people; it should be information that you are comfortable with disclosing. You can adjust your setting accordingly.
- With our service providers and partners:
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
We also share information with our partner companies e.g. those providing certain services.
- We follow a strict vetting process prior to engaging any service provider or working with any partner. All of our service providers and partners must agree to strict confidentiality obligations.
- We share your information with other Match Group companies for them to assist us in processing your information, as service providers, upon our instructions and on our behalf. Assistance provided by other Match Group companies may include technical processing operations, such as data hosting and maintenance, customer care, marketing and targeted advertising, finance and accounting assistance, better understanding how our service is used and users’ behavior to improve our service, securing our data and systems and fighting against spam, abuse, fraud, infringement and other wrongdoings.
- We may also share information with other Match Group companies for legitimate business purposes such as corporate audit, analysis and consolidated reporting as well as compliance with applicable laws. We may also share user information with other Match Group companies to remove users who violate our terms of service, or have been reported for criminal activity and/or bad behavior. In some instances, we may remove that user from all platforms.
- For corporate transactions:
We may transfer your information if we are involved, whether in whole or in part, in a merger, sale, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, bankruptcy or other change of ownership or control.
- When required by law:
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: (i) to comply with a legal process, such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; (ii) to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or (iii) to protect the safety of any person.
- To enforce legal rights:
We may also share information: (i) if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; (ii) as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; (iii) to enforce our agreements with you; and (iv) to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing.
- With your consent or at your request:
- Your consent will be taken when sharing your information with third parties.
We may use and share non-personal information (meaning information that, by itself, does not identify who you are such as device information, general demographics, general behavioral data, geolocation in de-identified form), as well as personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, under any of the above circumstances.
- We may also share this information with other Match Group companies and third parties (notably advertisers) to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine this information with additional non-personal information or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form collected from other sources.
7. CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Sharing of information sometimes involves cross-border data transfers, for instance to the United States of America and other jurisdictions. Standard contractual clauses are commitments between companies transferring personal data, binding them to protect the privacy and security of your data
8. YOUR RIGHTS
We want you to be in control of your information, so we have provided you with the following tools:
- Access / Update tools in the service. Tools and account settings that help you to access, rectify or delete information that you provided to us and that’s associated with your account directly within the service. If you have any questions on those tools and settings, please contact our customer care team for help.
- Device permissions. Mobile platforms have permission systems for specific types of device data and notifications, such as phone book and location services as well as push notifications. You can change your settings on your device to either consent or oppose the collection of the corresponding information or the display of the corresponding notifications. Certain services may lose functionality because of this
- You can delete your account by using the corresponding functionality directly on the service.
We want you to be aware of your privacy rights. Here are a few key points to remember:
- Reviewing your information. Applicable privacy laws may give you the right to review the personal information we keep about you (depending on the jurisdiction, this may be called right of access, right of portability or variations of those terms). You can request a copy of your personal information by putting in such a request to us.
- Updating your information. If you feel some information is incorrect, you can contact us to request deletion of that information.
For answering your requests, your proof of identity may be required.
Keep in mind, we may reject requests for certain reasons, including if the request is unlawful or if it may infringe on trade secrets or intellectual property or the privacy of another user. If you wish to receive information relating to another user, such as a copy of any messages you received from him or her through our service, the other user will have to contact our Privacy Officer to provide their written consent before the information is released.
Also, we may not be able to accommodate certain requests to object to the processing of personal information, notably where such requests would not allow us to provide our service to you anymore. For instance, we cannot provide our service if we do not have your date of birth.
- You can stop all information collection by an app by uninstalling it using the standard uninstall process for your device. If you uninstall the app from your mobile device, the unique identifier associated with your device will continue to be stored. If you re-install the application on the same mobile device, we will be able to re-associate this identifier to your previous transactions and activities.
- In certain countries, including in the European Union, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
9. RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident, you can request a no-tice disclosing the categories of personal information about you that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. To request this notice, please submit your request. Please allow 30 days for a response. For your protection and the protection of all of our users, we may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can answer such a request.
10. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. With technology companies,
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures.
We may suspend your use of all or part of the services without notice if we suspect or detect any breach of security. If you believe that your account or information is no longer secure, please notify us immediately.
11. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
Your personal information is deleted after you delete your account (following the safety retention window) or after two years of continuous inactivity, unless:
- It’s needed in compliance with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- There is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- The information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.
Please consider that we cannot promise the deletion of the information in a specified time frame.
12. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our services are restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not permit users under the age of 18 on our platform and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you suspect that a user is under the age of 18, please report their account, so we can look into it.
Any material changes in the policy will be notified to the users. We are constantly updating the policy to improve our App.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US